Sunday, March 23, 2014

Keeping It Real

In the interest of honesty in blogging, I decided that today I'd share some of my craft room photos with you.
I have been feeling very unproductive lately - though that's not really true, as I've nearly finished quilting another quilt and I have started a sweet little English paper piecing project after many years of thinking about doing some EPP.

But in the last few days I've been really tired and somewhat overwhelmed, and I suspect it has a little something to do with this hot mess....



Seiously, is it any wonder I couldn't get my head around any thing? There is everything under the sun in here, from a school bag to about leftovers from the last three projects... and all beautifully organised on the floor. Aaargh!

So even though there is plenty I need to be doing, I decided to spend this evening tidying up. And now it looks like this...


Thank God, Is all I can say. I feel better already, and I am about to write a little to do list for the week (which will include getting my act together on the blogging front).



The desk is still a little insane, but that is a task for another day.

Please reassure me that I'm not the only one who feels like a bomb has sometimes gone off in their creative space! Can you work when it reaches a certain level of crazy, or does your productivity slide too?

4 comments:

  1. I am totally hearing you. The tidy up looks well worth it! I adore your sewing room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a nicely laid out room! I tend to avoid mine when it gets too out of control. So much distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Jane, I need you to stop by my house in Oregon and help me out! I have a sewing room disaster that is a-brewing. I certainly have trouble focusing (even in the best of times), especially when my environment is untidy. Which it is now.
    Thanks for sharing. I may be inspired to clean up my act, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mine ABSOLUTELY looks like a bomb went off. and my sewing room has a bed and the laundry machine... so that means there is always at least one pile of laundry on the bed at all times. i just have to put my back to it!

    ReplyDelete