Friday, November 9, 2012

100 Day Hustle - Halfway point check in


Somehow, I can't quite believe this is half over. I am double checking dates, but I'm pretty sure the calendar and the rest of the blogosphere are right, and it's me who's deluded on this one. Doesn't help that I kept meaning to do little updates and running out of time...

To be honest, I'm not doing as well on this as I'd like. This is possibly related to the quilters ADHD which has me flitting from one project to the next. I need to get some follow through happening, because I've been working hard but don't seem to be ticking anything off.

Anyway, to the list....
1. Keep sewing space tidy - it's not too bad, but probably a fail overall. Oops! I really need some serious time to organise and cull.
2. No new fabric bought - Epic fail on not buying craft supplies lately. Check back on Sunday for my Sunday Stash, which is full of quilty and scrapbooky goodness.
3. No new projects - I did some little ornaments for the Sew Seasonal blog hop, but I haven't started any quilts that weren't on my list. Good thing too, since I have too many in progress.
 4. Finish fabric storage boxes - no progress.
5. Finish Phoebe's bed quilt - no progress, but I am getting nagged. I need to find my notes and get on with this.
6. Finish piecing at least 5 current tops - I finished my Polaroid Rainbows top this week, which brings total for this to two, I'm also piecing this chevron top and my paper pieced Harry Potter. But I keep flitting from one thing to another....


7. Finish quilting and binding at least 5 tops - I have quilted the Polaroid Rainbows, just need to bind it. And I've still got this one in progress too - just need to put it back on the machine.
8. Empty mending/refashioning basket - ha ha. You're joking, right?
9. Keep on top of swap blocks and BOMs. Progress made, though I have three more blocks I could be doing that I need to make priority.
10. Finish smaller craft projects. No progress.

Work and life are very busy over the next few weeks, so I don't know how much time that'll leave for sewing. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit done here and there and get through my epic WIP list.

Though I think 2013 will still be the Year of the WIP!
Linking up to Kelsey's half way point check-in.


5 comments:

  1. Love love love that Polaroid top!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe too funny Jane! There's just so much to do isn't there, and so much inspiration! I'm very impressed you haven't started anything new - well done!! Always love seeing what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step at a time - any little progress counts in my books! Love your Polaroid quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane your list is HUGE! Make friends with the new quilting lady that Marieka found and maybe she could baste a couple of quilts at least! I feel tired looking at this list but wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great quilt tops - that HP one is a fave of mine. Great work in the first 50 days and good luck with the next!
    cheers
    -kim

    ReplyDelete